Friday 13 July 2012

friday the 13th, unlucky for some...but isn't everyday??

Not much to report today, this weather is really starting to get me down and drains my energy :(
Alex came shopping with me this morning, because I forgot to order it online grrrr.... Alex was having a whale of a time, talking non-stop and doing his usual bouncing around all over the place.....again, no meltdowns though...good stuff :)
It was lunchtime by the time we got back, Alex went straight outside on the trampoline, practicing his backward handstands. I think the reason why we haven't got that many activities done lately is because all Alex wants to do is be outside. He's either bug hunting, building houses for his bugs, or bouncing on the trampoline. He did learn a lesson yesterday though, he insisted on bringing a ladybird into a shop with him, even though I said it wouldn't be a safe place for it. The ladybird got dropped and trodden on and he was really sad, I explained again that the safest place for little insects is in the bushes, out of the way of people, and I think he finally got it.
A quite interesting thing I discovered today was, I was in the kitchen making dinner and Alex was watching Mr Maker in the livingroom, and all of a sudden he wanted to do what Mr Maker was doing. He grabbed all the things he needed out from the drawers, had a go but got a bit stuck, he'd forgotten how to do it, so he came and asked me for help. Because I hadn't seen what it was or how it was made, Alex had to try and describe it to me, and he did really well because he was quite happy with the outcome, but it was a really good way of getting Alex to get his brain/memory working, and choosing the right words. It may not seem much to everyone else but Alex normally has trouble finding the right words to describe what is in his head, I think we might have to do it like that again, it was good fun.
It's nine days since we got our caterpillars and they're looking big now, and Alex and Jamie have been having a good look at them.

They're a bit scary when you get right close to them!

I do feel a bit sorry for them stuck in that little cup eating their weird paste.... but they'll be free soon.
Alex came home with another handful of snails earlier, theres must be loads in our front garden now. He's started to collect dead insects now! he got a drowned woodlouse out form some water today, and wants to keep it, he says because he wants to "always remember it".
There was a terrible smell in the house the last couple of days, and I couldn't work out what it was, then I found it....it was a big mushroom that Alex found the other day and left in the bottom of the pushchair!! It looked like a rotting animal, and didn't smell much different! Thanks Alex! 

Hopefully, tomorrow will be a more productive day, I haven't checked the weather yet, I daren't!

No comments:

Post a Comment